
FAZ AGM halted following court order
By Mwila Nsofu
The FAZ Elective Annual General Meeting -AGM- has been cancelled following a court order.
The elective AGM was scheduled for Saturday, March 29, 2025 in Livingstone.
FAZ General Secretary REUBEN KAMANGA says the association has been served with a court order through its lawyers JOSEPH CHIRWA and Company.
KAMANGA says FAZ has been served with a court order from Lewis and Nathan Advocates representing HUMPHREY MWAPE MUSONDA.
He says the Association has been left with no choice but to call off the AGM.
KAMANGA says in light of the development, members will be advised in due course of the next steps.
Earlier on Friday, World football governing body FIFA dispatched a delegation led by Deputy Chief Member Associations Officer GELSON FERNANDES to observe the AGM.
FERNANDES is accompanied by FIFA Senior Member Associations’ Governance Manager AHMED HARRAZ.
The Confederation of African Football –CAF- also sent high-level representatives, with Director of the Member Association Division SARAH MUKUNA and Director of Legal Affairs FELIX MAJANI in attendance.
At the regional level, the Council of Southern Africa Football Associations –COSAFA- has deployed its Executive Director SUE DESTOMBES and COSAFA Vice President and Chairman of Competitions TIMOTHY SHONGWE, who arrived in Zambia on Friday afternoon.
This is according to a statement issued to ZNBC News by FAZ Communications Manager SYDNEY MUNGALA.